it's my birthday and i'll blog if i want to.

8.16.2010

it's long and has lots of pictures because that's how i like it!

i see my birthdate all the time, everywhere.  i look at the clock and it's exactly 8:16.  i buy something and it costs $8.16.  it's the day of High Voltage (according to the Astrological Book of Birthdays), also madonna's and charles bukowski's birthdays. and the day that elvis died.

growing up, we celebrated birthday weeks, which spoiled me for all time, obviously. now i settle for birthday weekends, because who has a whole week anymore?! so once a year, i take license to make founded demands ("can you get me some orange juice? it's my birthday!", "you have to take out the garbage - it's my birthday!", "hang this map on the wall - it's my birthday!*", etc.) and expect special treatment.

this year's celebration started off last thursday night (an extra night!) with my favorite goat cheese and basil and butternut squash ravioli from eastern market and a delivery tin of gourmet chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies, courtesy of my pal justin. friday consisted of some errands and then having meredith over for taco night! we had veggie tacos, mojitos and homemade key lime pie. mmmmm.



saturday i indulged in a monster workout, and it's a good thing i did because upon exiting the shower, my voicemail informed me that i had a delivery from Georgetown Cupcake waiting for me downstairs. courtesy of my momma.





by jesse.

i then did a little shopping and hit the town for dinner, fro-yo, then meet-ups with friends at Churchkey, a spot that had nice ambiance, decor, and good music, but was very crowded in a way that made me a little antsy.

sunday morning, jesse tempted me with blueberry pancakes. i said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and then caved for a solo heart-shaped pancake. because, really, what kind of heathen would say no?



[gone in 60 seconds (or less!)]


then jesse surprised me throughout the day with a few gifts, the most unexpectedly awesome being a set of the Marvel Comics Ender's Game graphic novels. nerd alert! but i don't care! i don't care what you think!



and while i busied myself FINALLY hanging my awesome rasterized yeti in the bedroom . .


notice the messy bed to made bed. ha.

*he was FINALLY hanging the map i got him for valentine's day (yes - february, it's now august), and when i walked out, THIS was hanging in the map's spot, all wrapped!!



i love it. then i decided i wanted breakfast for dinner in order to have a legitimate portion of pancakes, so we made ricotta pancakes and got down widdit. they were delicious, but i was on total sugar overload and had a TURRIBLE headache and went to bed on heavy medication.

cue gross, woozy feeling today. 08.16. i arrived at work, greeted by ANOTHER homemade dozen lovely chocolate chip with peanut butter frosting cupcakes AND piggy-shaped cookies AND biscuits from scratch!! come on, man. so feeling the love. and the ridonkulously dangerous caloric intake. 

even though it is quite clear that everyone is trying to fatten me up this year, i'm chalking this one up to a BIG WIN.  





3 comments:

SmallButMighty said...

Happy Birfday, girl! P.S. You forgot to mention the AWESOME homemade whipped cream we made...mmmmmmmm

Johanna said...

Wow! You had an awesome birthday! I love your artworks. So cool!

Jenn said...

I think that Justin rocks. mmmm, that ravioli sounds YUMMAH.

ps. your apartment is pretty. yes.