my spring '11 lookbook: i bore you with more stripes.

5.11.2011

seriously, who do i think i am with all these stripes?  i have no explanation other than: this is what i'm into right now.

my fantasy regarding this dress is that some large-ish party would be thrown in my honor, for once, not at my own bidding, and i would appear in this dress and someone would hand me a bouquet of balloons (visual aid below) and i would be gracious and all, "oh!  my!  for ME??"  then i would twirl around, letting the skirt flare up (modestly, unlike the Flashing Incident of My Birthday Party 2006, *ahemjustinmeredithkristin*), and then pause gracefully while everyone moves in closer for hugs.  general merriment ensues.

nice, right?

i've had this dress for 3+ years and this scenario has never come to fruition.  so here's to keeping the hope alive.



dress + belt: Kohl's; shoes: BCBGirls.


it's very much a party dress in my opinion and i wish i had more occasion to wear it. thus concludes "my spring '11 lookbook".  AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (+ the "gimme" gesture a la SNL's favorite city correspondent Stefon).  to recap:




*clickies*


perhaps there will be a summer version. who knows? the month of may is extremely busy, including a move out of DC and into statim temporalis, eliminating my fancy kitchen studio.  so.  yes.  you just never know what one good bird is gonna throw atcha.

1 comments:

SmallButMighty said...

What happens at 3725 Maple Grove, stays at 3725 Maple Grove